Natural & Rosendale Cements
The history of cements can be found online by searching for the history of cement and concrete which goes back thouands of years. Most early cements had a much higher propertion of clay resulting in less emissions and their worth has been recognised by their recent reincarnation as LC3 discussed in Making Products from Syncarb. Rosendale cements are of interest because not only did they have more clay in them and were very popular, they also contained 10-30% MgO depending on the manufacturer and quarry and are further evidence that magnesium in cement and concrete works.
|The Century House Historical Society is a not-for-profit educational organization dedicated to the industrial history of the Rosendale natural cement region. The Society is located at the Snyder Estate in New York's historic Hudson Valley.||17 April 2006|
|Web site for the American Natural Cement Organisation||17 April 2006|
|Society for the Preservation of Historic Cements, Inc. Focussed on Rosendale cements first used in the United States in the late 18th Century. In 1825, commercial mining and processing operations were begun in an area in New York's Hudson Valley, in and around the town of Rosendale in Ulster County||17 April 2006|
|Rosendale Natural Cement was a common material of construction for large masonry and early concrete structures in the 19th and early 20th Centuries in eastern USA. It was prized for its fast early set, allowing much more rapid construction than lime putty masonry mortars. It was also recognized for its exceptional durability, even under severe exposures. Rosendale cements contained 10-30% MgO depending on the manufacturer and quarry.||17 April 2006|
There are no footnotes for this page